What does SCRUM refers to in AGILE ? Scrum is a framework for Agile software development that emphasizes teamwork, accountability and iterative progress toward a well-defined goal. It is an agile way to manage a project think of it as a framework for managing a process.
Explain the Roles / Ceremonies /Artifiacts / Events used in SCRUM ?
and Product owner
The sprint planning meeting,
Sprint review meeting,
and Sprint retrospective meeting.
four formal events :
Sprint Planning ,
Daily Scrum ,
The product increment,
and Sprint backlog.
What is Sprint Burn Down Chart ?
Progress on a Scrum project can be tracked by means of a release burn down chart. The Sprint Burn down Chart is a graphic representation that shows the rate at which work is completed and how much work remains.
What is Sprint Backlog ?
The sprint backlog is a list of tasks identified by the Scrum team to be completed during the Scrum sprint.
What is extreme programming model? what activities are involved in it ?
Extreme programming (XP) is a software development methodology which is intended to improve software quality and responsiveness taken to “extreme” levels to changing customer requirements.
4 Activties of XP are : Listening, Designing , Coding and Testing.
What are the Best Practices for Agile/SCRUM methodology ?
- Daily meetings must not be longer than 15 minutes.
- Stand up meeting style is better for daily meetings.
- Sprint length (in weeks) changes are not recommended
- sprint hour capacity per story point is 6.5 hrs / day
- Prioritize the requirements in Product backlog
- Active stakeholders participation continuously
- Collective Code Ownership
- regular Retrospective meeting for improvements
what is retrospective meeting ?
An Agile retrospective is a meeting that’s held at the end of an iteration in Agile software development. During the retrospective meeting the team reflects on what happened in the iteration and identifies actions for improvement going forward.
What are the strength of Agile ?
Strength of Agile are
– improving communication between groups
– A way of working against normal software development methodology
– Allowing organizations to be flexible to take the products to market faster.